Tensilica's IP Cores Excel in the SOC Dataplane
- Vivado Design Suite 2014.1 Increases Productivity with Automation of UltraFast Design Methodology and OpenCL Hardware Acceleration
- Mentor Graphics Design and Verification Tools Certified for TSMC 16nm FinFET Production
- Sunrise Micro Devices partners with Wicentric to offer a complete Bluetooth® Smart software solution for its first sub-volt IoT product
- Mentor Graphics Enterprise Verification Platform Unites Questa and Veloce for 1000x Productivity Gain
- intoPIX Bridges the Worlds of Professional Video Production and Ethernet Networks with New AVB FPGA IP-cores
- Accellera Systems Initiative advances the SystemC ecosystem with new releases of the core language and verification libraries (Apr. 24, 2014)
- Securing the Internet of Things in a connected world (Apr. 24, 2014)
- Industry's Highest Capacity SoC Interconnect IP Core from DMP Adopted by eSilicon (Apr. 23, 2014)
- UMC Certifies Synopsys IC Validator Physical Verification Tool for 28 nm (Apr. 23, 2014)
- Mentor Graphics Analog Characterization Environment Selected by Alps Electric for Complex Mixed-Signal ICs (Apr. 23, 2014)
- See Latest News>>
Jan. 24, 2013, Jan. 24, 2013 –
If your SoC design demands a highly-efficient, programmable computational engine for a data-intensive task, you've come to the right place. Tensilica's Dataplane Processors (DPUs) combine the strength of CPUs, DSPs, and custom logic with 10-to-100x the performance.
DPUs can do BOTH performance intensive DSP (audio, video, imaging, and baseband signal processing) and embedded RISC CPU processing functions (security, networking, and deeply embedded control).
Tensilica's processor architecture was designed, from the very start, to be easily modified to meet the demands of dataplane processing.
For some of the most common and broadly applicable tasks in the dataplane, Tensilica has ready made solutions like our HiFi audio, voice and speech DSPs, our ConnX communications DSPs and our Diamond Standard controllers for deeply embedded dataplane control.
For more specialized tasks, you can rapidly build your own customized DPU for tasks like image signal processing, video processing, security protocol processing, or network packet processing using our patented automated tools, which generate a complete matching software tool set, models, EDA scripts - everything you need to get into production quickly, at a fraction of the time it would take to design the funciton in RTL.
DPUs Do the Hard Stuff - the Tasks that the Control Processor Can't Do
About Tensilica, Inc.
Tensilica is a fast growing, venture-backed company focused on providing the ultimatein application-specific microprocessor solutions for use today s high volume embeddedsystems. Tensilica was incorporated in July of 1997 by key managers and executives offour key technical disciplines: microprocessor architecture, ASIC and VLSI design,advanced software development, and Electronic Design Automation (EDA). The goalof the group was to create the world s first truly configurable and extensiblemicroprocessor architecture and support environment, that could enable embeddedsystem designers to build better, more highly integrated products, in less time.