Tensilica's IP Cores Excel in the SOC Dataplane
- Muller-BBM Active Noise Control and Sound Design Now Optimized on Cadence Tensilica HiFi Audio/Voice Processors for Automotive Applications
- Microsemi Announces Collaboration with Broadcom to Expand Broadband Product Portfolio for Next Gen xDSL Applications
- Global Unichip Corporation Uses Cadence Encounter Digital Implementation System to Complete Its First Production Design on TSMC 16FF+ Process
- Altera Expands Automotive-Grade Product Portfolio with Highly Integrated PowerSoCs
- Xilinx Accelerates Productivity for Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs with the Vivado Design Suite 2014.3, SDK, and New UltraFast Embedded Design Methodology Guide
- Intilop's 16K Concurrent TCP & UDP Session Accelerator Core - Xilinx Platform Now Available for Immediate Deployment in Data Center and High Performance Computing (Oct. 23, 2014)
- ARM Extends Scalability of CoreLink for Infrastructure Compute (Oct. 23, 2014)
- Renesas Electronics Delivers Enhanced User Experience with Integrated Automotive Cockpit Solution (Oct. 22, 2014)
- Ambarella S3 IP Camera SoC Delivers Outstanding 4K Video Quality Using State-of-the-Art H.265/HEVC Encoding (Oct. 22, 2014)
- Cadence Introduces Automotive Functional Safety Verification Solution, Reducing ISO 26262 Compliance Preparation Effort by up to 50 Percent (Oct. 22, 2014)
- See Latest News>>
Jan. 24, 2013, Jan. 24, 2013 –
If your SoC design demands a highly-efficient, programmable computational engine for a data-intensive task, you've come to the right place. Tensilica's Dataplane Processors (DPUs) combine the strength of CPUs, DSPs, and custom logic with 10-to-100x the performance.
DPUs can do BOTH performance intensive DSP (audio, video, imaging, and baseband signal processing) and embedded RISC CPU processing functions (security, networking, and deeply embedded control).
Tensilica's processor architecture was designed, from the very start, to be easily modified to meet the demands of dataplane processing.
For some of the most common and broadly applicable tasks in the dataplane, Tensilica has ready made solutions like our HiFi audio, voice and speech DSPs, our ConnX communications DSPs and our Diamond Standard controllers for deeply embedded dataplane control.
For more specialized tasks, you can rapidly build your own customized DPU for tasks like image signal processing, video processing, security protocol processing, or network packet processing using our patented automated tools, which generate a complete matching software tool set, models, EDA scripts - everything you need to get into production quickly, at a fraction of the time it would take to design the funciton in RTL.
DPUs Do the Hard Stuff - the Tasks that the Control Processor Can't Do
About Tensilica, Inc.
Tensilica is a fast growing, venture-backed company focused on providing the ultimatein application-specific microprocessor solutions for use today s high volume embeddedsystems. Tensilica was incorporated in July of 1997 by key managers and executives offour key technical disciplines: microprocessor architecture, ASIC and VLSI design,advanced software development, and Electronic Design Automation (EDA). The goalof the group was to create the world s first truly configurable and extensiblemicroprocessor architecture and support environment, that could enable embeddedsystem designers to build better, more highly integrated products, in less time.