Tensilica's IP Cores Excel in the SOC Dataplane
- Synopsys Introduces Verification Compiler to Enable 3X Productivity
- Imagination and partners deliver products to drive the next generation of mobile lifestyles at MWC 2014
- Silicon Labs Acquires Low-Power Analog IC Product
- Global Navigation Satellite Receiver From Galileo Satellite Navigation Now Available on Cadence Tensilica ConnX DSP IP Cores
- Altair Semiconductor Renews License Agreement for Use Of Sonics' On-Chip Interconnect IP in its Award-Winning 4g LTE Products
- EasyEDA Launches Web-Based EDA: Integrates Schematic Capture, Mixed Mode Circuit Simulation, PCB Layout and Supply (Mar. 05, 2014)
- ARM to Drive Tablet & Set-Top SoC Convergence (Mar. 05, 2014)
- Argon Design Through its Partner ChipStart Licenses HEVC/H.265 Streams Technology to Advanced Micro Devices (Mar. 05, 2014)
- Altera and Intilop sign an agreement to offer intilop's UDP/TCP & EMAC IP cores embedded with OpenCL development Kit for end users and developers (Mar. 05, 2014)
- Cadence Announces New Allegro TimingVision Environment to Speed Timing Closure of High-Speed PCB Interfaces by up to 67% (Mar. 05, 2014)
- See Latest News>>
Jan. 24, 2013, Jan. 24, 2013 –
If your SoC design demands a highly-efficient, programmable computational engine for a data-intensive task, you've come to the right place. Tensilica's Dataplane Processors (DPUs) combine the strength of CPUs, DSPs, and custom logic with 10-to-100x the performance.
DPUs can do BOTH performance intensive DSP (audio, video, imaging, and baseband signal processing) and embedded RISC CPU processing functions (security, networking, and deeply embedded control).
Tensilica's processor architecture was designed, from the very start, to be easily modified to meet the demands of dataplane processing.
For some of the most common and broadly applicable tasks in the dataplane, Tensilica has ready made solutions like our HiFi audio, voice and speech DSPs, our ConnX communications DSPs and our Diamond Standard controllers for deeply embedded dataplane control.
For more specialized tasks, you can rapidly build your own customized DPU for tasks like image signal processing, video processing, security protocol processing, or network packet processing using our patented automated tools, which generate a complete matching software tool set, models, EDA scripts - everything you need to get into production quickly, at a fraction of the time it would take to design the funciton in RTL.
DPUs Do the Hard Stuff - the Tasks that the Control Processor Can't Do
About Tensilica, Inc.
Tensilica is a fast growing, venture-backed company focused on providing the ultimatein application-specific microprocessor solutions for use today s high volume embeddedsystems. Tensilica was incorporated in July of 1997 by key managers and executives offour key technical disciplines: microprocessor architecture, ASIC and VLSI design,advanced software development, and Electronic Design Automation (EDA). The goalof the group was to create the world s first truly configurable and extensiblemicroprocessor architecture and support environment, that could enable embeddedsystem designers to build better, more highly integrated products, in less time.