Tensilica's IP Cores Excel in the SOC Dataplane
- Sony Mulls Buying Renesas Chip Plant For Image Sensor Production - Sources
- Marvell Unveils the ARMADA 1500 Plus from its Award-Winning SoC Platform Family to Power Newest Hisense TV Products with the Next Generation of Google Services for Smart TVs
- Xilinx Accelerates Machine Vision Application Design Productivity for Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoCs
- Mentor Graphics Next-Generation FloTHERM Product Delivers Enhanced Performance and Extended Functionality
- Xilinx Ships Industry's First 20nm All Programmable Product
- CEVA Addresses the Next Trends in Mobile, Digital Home and Automotive at CES 2014 with Range of Platform IP Solutions for SoC Design (Dec. 05, 2013)
- Lucid Expands Its Building Operating System by Teaming Up With Urjanet (Dec. 04, 2013)
- Sony Mulls Buying Renesas Chip Plant For Image Sensor Production - Sources (Dec. 04, 2013)
- Ubuntu 14.04 Will Mark First Appearance Of Mir Server (Dec. 04, 2013)
- Elliptic Technologies Announces Hardware Enforced End-to-End Content Protection for Microsoft® PlayReady® (Dec. 04, 2013)
- See Latest News>>
Jan. 24, 2013, Jan. 24, 2013 –
If your SoC design demands a highly-efficient, programmable computational engine for a data-intensive task, you've come to the right place. Tensilica's Dataplane Processors (DPUs) combine the strength of CPUs, DSPs, and custom logic with 10-to-100x the performance.
DPUs can do BOTH performance intensive DSP (audio, video, imaging, and baseband signal processing) and embedded RISC CPU processing functions (security, networking, and deeply embedded control).
Tensilica's processor architecture was designed, from the very start, to be easily modified to meet the demands of dataplane processing.
For some of the most common and broadly applicable tasks in the dataplane, Tensilica has ready made solutions like our HiFi audio, voice and speech DSPs, our ConnX communications DSPs and our Diamond Standard controllers for deeply embedded dataplane control.
For more specialized tasks, you can rapidly build your own customized DPU for tasks like image signal processing, video processing, security protocol processing, or network packet processing using our patented automated tools, which generate a complete matching software tool set, models, EDA scripts - everything you need to get into production quickly, at a fraction of the time it would take to design the funciton in RTL.
DPUs Do the Hard Stuff - the Tasks that the Control Processor Can't Do
About Tensilica, Inc.
Tensilica is a fast growing, venture-backed company focused on providing the ultimatein application-specific microprocessor solutions for use today s high volume embeddedsystems. Tensilica was incorporated in July of 1997 by key managers and executives offour key technical disciplines: microprocessor architecture, ASIC and VLSI design,advanced software development, and Electronic Design Automation (EDA). The goalof the group was to create the world s first truly configurable and extensiblemicroprocessor architecture and support environment, that could enable embeddedsystem designers to build better, more highly integrated products, in less time.