Tensilica's IP Cores Excel in the SOC Dataplane
- Increase Designer Productivity and Accelerate SoC Design Schedule Through Flow Automation
- Mentor Graphics Announces Embedded Hypervisor Product With New Configuration, Debugging and Hardware Support
- Major IDMs Increasingly Rely on Foundries for Logic Production
- Power Management Network, Design Methodology and Verification to Secure RFID Product Tape-Out
- eMemory Provides Tailor-Made MTP Solutions in Low-Cost Green Process Platforms, Develops Diverse MCU Product Range
- RTL to GDSII: more than just a service, an expertise for addressing the most critical designs! (Sept. 12, 2014)
- Elliptic Technologies and CableLabs Brings Secure Premium Content Protection to Any Device (Sept. 11, 2014)
- IoT security must be fixed for the long term says Beecham Report (Sept. 11, 2014)
- Authorized As the Distributor of ARM Keil Tools, Faraday Provides the Complete Family of ARM Development Tools (Sept. 11, 2014)
- Tabula and Intel Work Together to Enable Next-Generation Data Center (Sept. 10, 2014)
- See Latest News>>
Jan. 24, 2013, Jan. 24, 2013 –
If your SoC design demands a highly-efficient, programmable computational engine for a data-intensive task, you've come to the right place. Tensilica's Dataplane Processors (DPUs) combine the strength of CPUs, DSPs, and custom logic with 10-to-100x the performance.
DPUs can do BOTH performance intensive DSP (audio, video, imaging, and baseband signal processing) and embedded RISC CPU processing functions (security, networking, and deeply embedded control).
Tensilica's processor architecture was designed, from the very start, to be easily modified to meet the demands of dataplane processing.
For some of the most common and broadly applicable tasks in the dataplane, Tensilica has ready made solutions like our HiFi audio, voice and speech DSPs, our ConnX communications DSPs and our Diamond Standard controllers for deeply embedded dataplane control.
For more specialized tasks, you can rapidly build your own customized DPU for tasks like image signal processing, video processing, security protocol processing, or network packet processing using our patented automated tools, which generate a complete matching software tool set, models, EDA scripts - everything you need to get into production quickly, at a fraction of the time it would take to design the funciton in RTL.
DPUs Do the Hard Stuff - the Tasks that the Control Processor Can't Do
About Tensilica, Inc.
Tensilica is a fast growing, venture-backed company focused on providing the ultimatein application-specific microprocessor solutions for use today s high volume embeddedsystems. Tensilica was incorporated in July of 1997 by key managers and executives offour key technical disciplines: microprocessor architecture, ASIC and VLSI design,advanced software development, and Electronic Design Automation (EDA). The goalof the group was to create the world s first truly configurable and extensiblemicroprocessor architecture and support environment, that could enable embeddedsystem designers to build better, more highly integrated products, in less time.